Anyone who applies for a residential building permit shall supply the following information before the permit can be issued:

  • A receipt showing that they have paid the Adequate Facilities Tax to Dickson County Planning & Zoning Department in Charlotte, TN. (for new construction temperature controlled space only- $1.00 a square foot)
  • A site plan showing the structure(s), set backs, property lines, driveway accesses, etc. To Scale.
    (Driveway Permits / Culvert Sizes shall contact Street Department 441-9506)
  • A floor plan of the structure(s) showing room dimensions, square footages, plumbing fixtures, carports, covered porches, garages, etc., To 1/4" Scale.
  • Anyone attempting to obtain a permit on a construction project over $ 25,000 must be: (1) a licensed contractor through the State of Tennessee or (2) A homeowner.
    The Contractor must have a copy of his state license and general liability insurance for the building permit file.
  • Approval from Groundwater Protection with Site Plan attached if a Septic Tank and Field Line is used.